Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Honolulu, January 12







In transit - Flew overnight from Auckland into Honolulu. Security leaving Auckland was tight, likely because we were going into the U.S. Got different messages about whether or not we could have a carry-on bag, so opted for the prudent route, each putting laptops, cameras into a single bag. That was fine. Experienced a 'pat-down'; I was one of the randoms chosen for that experience - hmmm.

Arrived late enough to go directly to a hotel near the airport (don't bother with the Best Western there - grossly understaffed, none too clean!) Slept soundly, then took the city bus to Waikiki. Since we only had 12 hours until our flight, we figured that approach was the best option to get some exercise, see the sights, and enjoy ourselves. See photos for our Hawaiian experience. I really enjoyed just seeing the sights and people-watching. I noticed how pleasant the sun was - the sky was blue, and it was warm - 24 degrees C perhaps; but the sun wasn't painful as it had been in NZ at the same temperature.

I'd go back to Hawaii - my appetite is whetted for more exploration. Hmm, wonder if I can drive there??
So, that's my trip to NZ - hope you enjoyed travelling with me.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment